If I were to go through each team and tell you of all the things we've done since my last blog, we would be here until next week! So, here are some high points of what's happened since March:
- We gave away a total 1200 backpacks between our students in Las Minas and here in the Cuenca.
- With six medical teams we saw more than 1600 patients out on brigade.
- We provided health education, gave out vitamins, de-wormed and presented the gospel to more than 1800 students.
- We painted (4 classrooms, the exterior and the latrines), remodeled and decorated the school in the village of Toncontin.
- We installed shoe molding in the Labor and Delivery portion and the ER of the hospital.
- We had a group install the Operating Room lights, scrub sink, and equipment in the OR.
- We FINALLY finished clearing out all of the cardboard boxes. Praise the Lord!
- An AC unit has been installed in the back of the hospital.
We wouldn't have been able to complete this long list of things without our groups and our AWESOME JTeam. I'm so thankful that God knows our needs and sent us an amazing group of interns to help us serve this summer.
For a quick view of what we've accomplished, check out the slideshow below.